We all know how wonderful it is to travel. Most of the experiences they share are positive, but the truth is that there are thousands of less good travel-related incidents every year. We’re talking about issues such as accidents, illnesses, lost luggage or flight cancellations, for example.
Travel insurance is a form of protection that can help cover the costs of these occurrences or provide support for unexpected expenses. It often has the advantage of offering cover for medical expenses, trip cancellation, lost or misplaced luggage, repatriation and support for other unforeseen events.
Why have a travel insurance
There are many reasons why it is important to have travel insurance. Here are some of them:
- Financial protection: Travel insurance, in the event of an incident, can relieve you of the additional costs of your trip. Can you imagine being on the other side of the world and your suitcase not arriving? You don’t want to wear the same clothes for days on end, right? The money you spend buying your clothes will be reimbursed by your insurance! (check the conditions in advance so you know the amounts you will be entitled to for this and other situations).
- Peace of mind: Knowing that in the event of a situation we are “protected” not only from a financial point of view, but also with some support for our health, makes for a more relaxed and peaceful trip.
- Visa requirements: Some countries require travel insurance to issue a visa and you often don’t have access to this information in advance. In the country itself they can make this demand and you have to spend money that wasn’t in your forecast or calculations.
How to choose travel insurance?
When choosing travel insurance, it is important to consider the following factors:
- Cover: Checking the cover offered by the insurance is important for protecting yourself and knowing how to activate the insurance properly. Knowledge is the key! Choosing insurance with the best cover can be crucial when traveling, depending on the type of destination.
- Deductible: Check whether or not you have a deductible associated with your insurance! Once again, it is extremely important to be aware of the deductibles you have to pay in each situation. You don’t want it to be a surprise when the insurance comes through.
- Price: Compare prices with different insurers or even travel agencies, but always take the coverage into account! Did you know that you can buy travel insurance at Triskelion Expeditions? Send us a message or e-mail and we’ll explain everything!
Travel is one of the best things in life! But traveling safely and calmly is really, really important!