Essential rights provided for in Decree-Law no. 17/2018 of March 08:
– Travelers will receive all essential information about the package before they sign the contract.
– There is always at least one operator responsible for the correct execution of all the travel services included in the contract.
– Travelers have an emergency telephone number or the contact details of a point of contact so that they can communicate with the organizer or travel agency.
– Travelers may assign the package to another person at reasonable notice and possibly at additional cost.
– The price of the package may be increased only in the event of an increase in specific costs (for example, the price of fuel), if that possibility is expressly provided for in the contract and in any case not later than 20 days before the start of the package. If the price increase is more than 8 % of the package price, the traveler can terminate the contract. If the organizer reserves the right to increase the price, the traveler is entitled to a price reduction in case of reduction of the relevant costs.
– Travelers can terminate the contract without paying a termination fee and get a full refund of any payments made in the event of a significant change to any of the essential elements of the package other than the price. If, before the start of the package, the organizer responsible for the package cancels it, travelers are entitled to a refund and, where appropriate, compensation.
– Travelers may terminate the contract without paying a termination fee before the start of the package in exceptional circumstances, for example in the event of serious security problems at the destination that may affect the package.
– In addition, travelers can terminate the contract at any time before the start of the package tour upon payment of an appropriate termination fee.
– If, after the start of the package, significant elements of the package cannot be provided as agreed, suitable alternatives will have to be offered to the traveler at no extra cost. The traveler can terminate the package travel contract without paying a termination fee if the services are not performed in accordance with the contract, this lack of conformity considerably affects the performance of the package and the organizer does not remedy this lack.
– Travelers are also entitled to a price reduction and/or compensation for damages in case of non-performance or poor performance of the travel services.
– The organizer must provide assistance if a traveler is in trouble.
– If the organizer or retailer is declared insolvent, the payments will be refunded. If the organizer or retailer is declared insolvent after the start of the package and if transportation is included in the package, repatriation of travelers is guaranteed. A (agency ID) has taken out insolvency protection with the Travel and Tourism Guarantee Fund. Travellers may contact this entity or, if applicable, the competent authority (Turismo de Portugal, I.P., Rua Ivone Silva, Lote 6, 1050-124 Lisbon, Tel. 211 140 200 | Fax. 211 140 830, firstname.lastname@example.org) if services are refused due to the insolvency of Triskelion Expeditions.