We know that both in our daily lives and during our travels, the risk of security challenges arising is real.
In this article we leave you with 5 tips to apply and have a safer trip!
- Plan your trip in advance. This includes researching the destination, booking tickets and accommodation and buying travel insurance, always with an awareness of the places you are choosing for safety.
- Observing and paying attention to the environment and our surroundings. Don’t walk alone at night and avoid deserted or poorly lit places. Never reveal where you’re spending the night or agree to get into cars with strangers. Stay in a state of observation!
- Don’t leave your belongings unattended. Keep your backpack or suitcase close to you at all times and don’t carry valuables. We suggest that both documents and valuables are kept in the hotel safe, if possible. Some hotels have specific services for storing high-value belongings.
- Be polite and respectful to the local community. Learn a few basic phrases in the language of the country or region you are visiting, this will help in times of greater stress.
- Don’t drink too much. Alcohol can impair your senses and increase the risk of accidents or problems. Try to be moderate, especially if you don’t have trustworthy people around you!
Here are a few extra suggestions:
- Tell someone at home about your plans. Inform them of the date and time of your departure and arrival and let someone you trust know as soon as you feel you’re in trouble.
- Always try to keep your phone charged with battery and balance! You’ll need it in an emergency.
- Make a copy of important documents. Keep a copy in a safe place, and always have backup documents from WhatsApp or email.
- Be flexible. Things don’t always go according to plan, so prepare yourself for possible changes so that you don’t react badly the moment they occur.
We hope you feel safer with these tips!